Rich Text Editors in Drupal

Ug. This has been a real pain. But I believe that I finally have things sorted out. To get CKEditor working, and I mean really working in Drupal, I uninstalled the WYSIWYG mod and started over.

  • I installed the actual CKEditor module from Drupal.org.
  • I reinstalled the ckeditor library into sites/all/libraries
  • i changed the content types to use the new editor
  • i moved the iframe plugin library to the ckeditor/plugins folder
  • i enabled the now-present iframe option in the ckeditor setup

there were still errors present in the CKEditor version from WYSIWYG. i think that WYSIWYG just has issues. I’m sure that there are ways to work around them but this is working for me and there are no errors. Much Better.

CKEditor could not be detected – resolution

Well, I had trouble installing the CKEditor so I went with TinyMCE. But I began to get errors from that as well. And I don’t really like using a solution because I didn’t take the time to figure out what was wrong. So I went back and made CKEditor work. There is a patch for those of you using WYSIWYG 7.x-2.0 and CKEDITOR 7.x. You may receive an error that CKEditor cannot be detected.  This fixed it for me in sand and prod.

http://drupal.org/node/1161738#comment-6814058

Here’s another Patch

Posted by sakseiw on December 5, 2012 at 1:50pm

In …/modules/wysiwyg/editors/ckeditor.inc change line from function wysiwyg_ckeditor_version($editor)

if (preg_match(‘@version:\'(?:CKEditor )?([\d\.]+)(?:.+revision:\'([\d]+))?@’, $line, $version)) {

to

if (preg_match(‘@version:\”(?:CKEditor )?([\d\.]+)(?:.+revision:\”([\d]+))?@’, $line, $version)) {

This changes version number search from single quotes version: ‘4.0’ to double quotes version “4.0”

It worked for me on Drupal 7.17 and wysiwyg 7.x-2.2

Sand/Prod Reconcilliation

That time again. After all the work I have done on Prod, it and my sandbox are not in sync at all.

reconcile complete. 171 of 233 modules enabled/installed.

Iframe & Translation Update

I have the module installed, the content type created and I have links that are made from this type. And the site opens in the iframe but the translator settings are not following the iframe, which is what I need. I need to be able to allow my users an easy way to translate external content. I’ll figure it out. But that’s about all I am going to be doing today.

External Links in an I-Frame

I have a bunch of external links that I need to be displayed in a way that they still are a part of the site. This way, the external sites can still be translated from the translation widget that I have installed on the site. I have downloaded this module – External Iframes – and will be testing it out to see how it goes.

I went with a module based solution because I don’t want to write the code myself for doing I frames. I don’t want to have to maintain that.

 

X modulesX multilingualX bilingualX englishX spanishX microsoft translatorX iframeX external content translation

Tip about Views with exposed operators in Panels

If you integrate a View with exposed filters (for user defined searches) into a Panel page, that View has to return something right off the bat just to show up in the Panel. And you can’t give it a header or a footer either. Completely weird. What i did was supply a keyword in the “body” filter – “sample”. The word sample returns exactly one result for me. That’s just the nature of my content. But this allows the View to show up and isn’t too ambiguous to the user as to what they should do next.

Integrating Views and Panels with exposed operators in Views

If you have, in a Panel, a View with exposed operators (for user defined searches for example) you may see that clicking the submit button from the Panel page for the filter gives you the results, but in the View mode itself, away from the Panel where it originally was. This is no good. Here is a post about this on Drupal.org.

I got the idea for the fix here but the post that I saw was a little off. You have to supply the Panel Pane for the specific View with a replacement URL for the Panel Page itself. The post said use the View URL, but that makes no sense. Here is a SS.

Image