Posted on April 4, 2013 by PJ McGhee
Looks like it is that time again. I’ll be upgrading the Core to 7.22 today. Sand first then prod.
This is the procedure that I am using. I have used it for three previous core upgrades and have never had a problem. Note that I am running Centos 6.3 on both core and sand. I have updated it for this post as well.
- Back up everything
- Download the new core file
- Put site into maintenance mode
- Place it on the server and extract all the contents to /var/www/upgrade/drupal-7.22
- In the newly extracted files delete the sites directory and all its subs. This is done because the upgrade is not going to replace anything in this directory
- From a terminal window type: yes | cp -r /var/www/upgrade/drupal-7.22/* /var/www/html
- Note that the destination folder of html is my doc root and all the drupal folders/files are located right underneath this. the yes | cp…. prefix is to let the system know to overwrite everything in the destination. since sites is the only directory that we want to keep and we have removed it from the source, this will be fine.
- Run update.php by navigating to http://…yourdrupalsitename/update.php
- Follow the instructions for this closely
- Navigate to reports, available updates and check the version of your core
- Take the site off of maintenance mode
- Check different things on the site to ensure a smooth upgrade has occurred.
- That should just about do it.
The Sand upgrade is completed. No issues. Proceeding to Prod.
Prod upgrade is complete. No issues.
Filed under: Production Change Request | Tagged: core, core upgrade | 3 Comments »
Posted on March 29, 2013 by PJ McGhee
That time again. After all the work I have done on Prod, it and my sandbox are not in sync at all.
reconcile complete. 171 of 233 modules enabled/installed.
Filed under: Production Change Request | Tagged: modules, production, sandbox | Leave a comment »
Posted on March 20, 2013 by PJ McGhee
It’s that time again. after several days of intense development, I need to get the prod and sand sites back on the same code base.
171 of 210 modules installed. ran yum update on sand (prod is maintained by Blackmesh hosting). Complete
Filed under: Production Change Request | Tagged: modules, patches, production, reconcilliation, sandbox | Leave a comment »
Posted on March 15, 2013 by PJ McGhee
Install the upgrade for this module through Drupal’s upgrade service.
Filed under: Production Change Request | Tagged: elements, module, upgrade | Leave a comment »
Posted on March 11, 2013 by PJ McGhee
I have these installed in Sand and they are fine. These will expand the features of Drupalchat, User Relationships and Invite Modules.
I am enabling all four below.
||Create customized flags that users can set on content.
Required by: Flag actions (disabled), Flag friend (disabled), Flag friend access control (disabled)
||Execute actions on Flag events.
Requires: Flag (disabled)
||Flag users as friends. Implements it’s own flag and a form for sending a user a message upon flag.
Requires: Flag (disabled)
Required by: Flag friend access control (disabled)
||Flag friend access control
||Allows users to specify that only their friends can view this piece of content
Requires: Flag friend (disabled), Flag (disabled)
Filed under: Production Change Request | Tagged: drupal, drupalchat, invite, modules, production, sandbox, user relationships | Leave a comment »
Posted on March 9, 2013 by PJ McGhee
I have all these in sand and they seem to be fine and the functionality that I want is available from them. so I have installed them on Prod and configured them as well. Seem to be working just fine. I now have a chat app. I created a default one way relationship called Get Support! and then added that to the Drupaltalk stuff. Also added the appropriate permissions like i mentioned yesterday. So now, new users will be added to that relationship and will be able to see me automatically in the chat feature. if i am online. that way I can provide support to the pioneering members of my site.
Filed under: Production Change Request | Tagged: buddy lists, chat, drupaltalk, invite, user relationships | Leave a comment »
Posted on March 7, 2013 by PJ McGhee
This core upgrade has been installed in the sandbox with no issue.
Upgrade on Production complete. No issues, functionality has been confirmed.
Filed under: Production Change Request | Tagged: centos 6.3, core, drupal, installing, production | Leave a comment »