Drupal Site indexing – MySQL Errors, CRON timeouts

Since I recently dumped almost 17,000 new nodes into my DB in a relatively short time, I have been keeping a close eye on how the back end is responding. The main concern that I have is the indexing process for the new data. I began receiving errors from MySQL as seen in the SS.

In the Drupal Admin UI, check the number of nodes that are indexed per

Image

CRON run. In my case, I had it set to 500, the maximum. This was a bit of overkill and I ended up making the value lower. I also increased the PHP memory, which you can check under “status reports”.

…PHP 5.3.27 (more information)
OK
PHP extensions Enabled
OK
PHP memory limit 512M
OK
PHP register globals Disabled…

I really had simply to tweak the settings. I ended up at 100 nodes per run, one run per hour and PHP mem allocation as seen above. From the Search Options UI, you can see the status of the indexing, how fast, how many nodes, etc.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: