Multilingual Update

I have decided that I want to show all content, regardless of language. But, I want to show the user interfaces in the language that has been chosen in the user’s profile. Under

  • Configure, Languages – I turned on Spanish
  • Detection and Selection – chose User for the method
  • Language Switcher – All content. No language conditions apply.
  • Configure, Translate Interface, Translate – search for strings that haven’t been translated in the UI by the defaults and translate them manually. Use http://www.babelfish.com
  • create a user account with spanish as the default, open that account on a different browser or different machine to test.
  • find the strings you need to translate from the spanish user’s interface, translate them on the admin side, save and test back on the spanish side.
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: