This is now working properly. and after the trials and tribulations of categorization and views, being able to implement module’s features in one afternoon was very refreshing.
and this is a good module. account creation is something that is becoming something that people are less and less willing to deal with. the login process for most non-commercial sites (very different if you take CCs, and consumers accept this) has been pared down to almost nothing. just a simple email and password usually. and i think that even this is becoming too much for many people. who wants to remember another account? the singe sign on concept has been around for a long time and i think that facebook is going to own it. everybody wins.
the setup from the drupal side was pretty straightforward. just remember to get the entire fb code library from git. here is a high level procedure.
- install the facebook connect module from – http://drupal.org/project/fbconnect
- install the facebook sdk for php from https://github.com/facebook/facebook-php-sdk
- create an app at facebook. you’ll need a fb account to do this.
- make sure to get the correct urls in place and don’t fall for the hosting switch and bait crap. this page will give you the two keys that you’ll need to configure the drupal module for fb.
- once you have all the correct settings in place you will see something like this on the app settings page in drupal